Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dirty Dishes

The other day I was helping clean up in the kitchen and was doing dishes. There is a dishwasher in the house but whatever doesn't fit in there for the cycle we just wash by hand. A lot of the dishes can become clean quite easily using some soap and water and a dish scrub. Others you might want to soak in hot water for a little bit to help break up some of the residue a little better for easier cleaning. As I was washing the dishes I was imagining how the dirty dishes can somewhat relate to the sins or bad habits we have in our lives. Some habits are easier to break than others - dishes that need just soap and water. Other habits take determination and a right mind set to break - dishes that need to be soaked and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed. God is our help in time of need. I have sins and bad habits in my life that I need to repent to God and allow him to wash me clean. I hope this will be a help to everyone who reads this post.

Off to Campus Church now...It's so great to worship God!

1 comment:

jmichael said...

Steve,

Your dad just told me about your blog this afternoon and I hade to check it out. Thanks for using this medium to share what Gdod is doing in your life. I pray that many will be encouraged and that God will be glorified.

Your brother in Christ,

Pastor Jim